What to do next….

So now we’re trying to decide when we should try for the last IVF attempt. (In our state, we get three tries that are paid for by insurance.)  I don’t expect it to work, but figure we might as well give it a try since it’s paid for.

Here’s the thing: I have to get my FSH re-tested in September. If it’s too high (and it was on the border in March), the fertility clinic will refuse to treat me alltogether.  But if I wait, I might be giving the acupuncture and herbs (including DHEA) the 3 months for optimal benefits.  For those of you not in the infertility research circles, most of the research about DHEA and ova quality recommend 3 months of DHEA before attempting IVF. My acupuncturist (who has his Chinese M.D. and has published research on IVF and acupuncture) would also prefer I wait 3 months. 

Doing the basic math:  Fertility clinic says “Let’s start ASAP,” which would probably be mid-late August for beginning IVF stimulation drugs.   Ideal world for Acupuncturist:  October.


Update:  Apparently, there’s no real rush after all. Because I respond reasonably well to the drugs (and got pregnant), I guess they’ll still see me and won’t reject me from the clinic. Hoo-freakin-ray. Not that I expect any of it to work. (Screw “Think positive.” Don’t even get me started.) 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: